Friday, March 04, 2005

If We Can't Make It Thru The Front We'll Go Thru The Side

A whole week of suicide talk and
Depression news
Propelled me out of the house.

Had to go to my club and find one of my soldiers.

My boy was up against the wall
In the corner.
Cane off to the side.
He has M.S.
Remember?

He hasn't forgotten.

Told me he was having a bad day.
Bad equates uncontrollable muscle fatigue.
This rock hard, little boy of 36
With the washboard abs
2% body fat tops
Might fall down.
Those tree trunks he calls legs can barely hold him up tonight.

Still, he's there.

Waiting
To sway with me and to plant fat, hot kisses on my third eye
While
We're up against the wall conjoined. Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live]

2 Comments:

Blogger Aimee White said...

Jozee--

Your poetry is delicious!

Thanks for posting on my site. I could taste every word...

Ever read "The Cinnamon Peeler", by Michael Ondaatje?

You can find it here:
http://www.lifesci.ucsb.edu/~haddock/
poems/cinnamon.html

Your poetry demands the use of all of the reader's senses, and that's what reminds me of Ondaatje's poem.

Keep posting-- your stuff is brilliant...

3:22 PM  
Blogger Saltzy said...

Yes...delicious

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter Locations of visitors to this page Create dolls on The Doll Palace doll maker www.thedollpalace.com